Google Updates Site Search
Google has introduced some new functionality to its Site Search product, which allows customers to search within your own site. The feature that everyone is talking about is the ability to add pages on-demand to be indexed by site search, so customers have access to these new pages as soon as they're ready.
In this world, that is full of all kinds of hustle and bustle, people demand speed! It was the game of yesterday years, when people used to wait for hours to get the things done. Now everything is instant! Google has made everything look so simple for us. Everything is available at our fingertips.
Google is there to answer our questions, it is there to provide us with minute directions and no matter what. You name it, and it has it!
On-Demand Indexing ensures that site visitors have access to a site's freshest content, and that businesses have the flexibility to share news, product releases and promotions as they happen.
According to the Google Press Center
"With On-Demand Indexing:
• Site owners get an "Index Now" button to quickly and easily update their site search results with new and updated content.
• New pages are searchable within hours " taking no longer than a day to appear within site search results.
Google Site Search, our cloud-based search solution for business, helps thousands of organizations harness the power of Google.com, and fully customize search to suit their website. Along with the greater control of On-Demand Indexing, site owners get the same ease of use and fast results of Google Site Search, including:
• Set up that takes minutes and results returned in less than a second
• The ability to promote new or certain types of pages at the top of results
• Full customization controls over the look and feel of search
• A range of options for phone and email support"