AdWords Conversion Optimization
Link Your Analytics Goals and Transactions to AdWords
AdWords advertisers can now import Google Analytics Goals and Transactions into their AdWords accounts to use as conversion actions. This allows users to track campaign return-on-investment (ROI), and optimize their accounts for conversions within the AdWords interface, and the new one is now avaliable.
Previously, users would have had to install AdWords Conversion Tracking separately to use the feature, now they can just follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
2. Click "Edit Account and Data Sharing Settings."
3. Make sure you've selected at least the "With other Google products only" options under "Share my Google Analytics data."
4. Click "Save Changes" to finish.
5. Go to your AdWords account
6. Navigate to the "Conversion Tracking" page from within your AdWords account.
7. Click "Link your Analytics goals and transactions" from the Conversion Tracking table.
8. Select the Goals or Transactions you want from the list.
9. Edit the action name so you can identify the goals in your AdWords reports.
10. Select "Link" from the bottom of the table to finish.
"The big benefit of importing your Google Analytics Goals and Transactions into AdWords is that you can use them with theConversion Optimizer, an AdWords CPA bidding tool that has been shown to help advertisers get more conversions from AdWords," saysEmel Mutlu of Google's Inside AdWordsCrew. "Conversion Optimizer makes it a lot easier to manage your AdWords bidding and maximize results."
More tips form Google.