It’s not really necessary for all of us to be SEO experts. But as internet users and professionals, we should all have a basic idea on how websites earn a high ranking position in Google searches.
- The fact that websites that are in the top organic results of Google searches are there because they’ve established themselves as a legitimate and reliable, over time.
- Google punishes websites that use cheap shortcuts to try to rank quickly.
- How to spot an ad versus an organic result in search results.
- The more reputable websites that link to a website, the higher its ranking.
- The more people share links to a site on social media, the better it does in rankings.
- New businesses need to work hard to establish themselves online – no one will find your new website if you don’t put in serious work to build a presence.
- For content to get better SEO, it needs to use popular search key terms naturally.
- One easy way to climb the rankings is to consistently add original content to your site in the form of blog posts.