Banned from Google? Get Back in the Game [SearchEngineWatch]
The Official Google Webmaster Central blog has posted steps on how to get reincluded in the search results should you find yourself in the unfortunate circumstance of being exempted. Mariya Moeva, of the Search Quality Team, hosts an entertaining how-to vid explaining the steps you should take when your site is Google-less. For those who can't or don't want to view the video.
1. Check your access. Log into your account and check the Overview page to see what happened when Googlebot visited your site last. Also, check your robots.txt file to make sure there aren't any pages blocked that you want seen by Google.
2. Check your messages. There could be a message in your Message Center inbox of your Webmaster Tools account regarding your site.
3. Read the Guidelines. Make sure you know what Google does and does not allow for sites it lists in its search results.
4. Help Group. When all else fails, join the webmasters help group where other webmasters and Googlers can help determine what's going on.
5. Fix your site! Once you know what's wrong, fix your site!
6. Submit a Reconsideration Request. After you've made the fixes, submit a request for Google to check your site again.